On The Write Focus, we’re posting a daily podcast from Write a Book in a Month, by Remi Black.
Daily check-ins include the project stage progressing word count as well as speculations on writing in general and the writing business in particular.
Click this link to visit TheWriteFocus blog.
Criteria for the Challenge ::
1] Daily Word Count
2] Length to Goal
3] Reason for the Goal
Each of the April episodes is running less than 10 minutes. Listen briefly every day or hoard up several episodes for when you fix a quick dinner, drive a short commute, or take a brisk walk.
Lessons for writing happen along the way!
Each episode in April will conclude with the two quotations from professional writers (Hemingway! Heinlein! Atwood! More!!!) that opened and closed her day’s writing sessions.
Episodes So Far ::
- April 1 :: No Fooling
- April 2 :: Change of Plans
- April 3 :: Stick with the Plan
- April 4 :: Nix Distractions
- April 5 :: Watch for Warnings
- April 6 :: Life Rolls
- April 7 :: Win-Lose-Wind
- April 8 :: Critical vs. Creative
- April 9 :: Eat the Frog First
- April 10 :: The Tax Man Cometh
- April 11 :: Cocoons
- April 12 :: Six Words Short
- April 13 :: Wonders Never Cease
- April 14 :: One Project, Two Project
- April 15 :: Promotions
- April 16 :: Covers
- April 17 :: Frittery Jittery
- April 18 :: Flipping Out
- April 19 :: Input / Output
- April 20 :: Looking Ahead
Coming Up to Finish the Challenge
- April 21 :: Short Post
- April 22 :: Biz Monday
- April 23 :: Master Book
- April 24 :: Expect the Unexpected
- April 25 :: Carpe Diem as Writers
- April 26 :: Nose to the Grindstone
- April 27 :: Writers’ Groups
- April 28 :: First Celebration
- April 29 :: Writers Conferences
- April 30 :: An End that’s Not an End and Lessons List
- May 5th :: Aprés-Draft Update
Listen on the following sites.
Bookmark your favorite to come back daily.
Podbean: The Write Focus (podbean.com)
YouTube Channel Writers Ink Books – YouTube
Resources as of April 20
Amazon links are given because it’s easy, and for no other reason.
Purchase Write a Book in a Month at Amazon here. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0848MWXGD
Also mentioned in the first 10 episodes (March 31 to April 5) ~
Patty Jansen’s Self Publishing Unboxed Amazon.com: Self-publishing Unboxed (The Three–year, No-bestseller Plan For Making a Sustainable Living From Your Fiction Book 1) eBook: Jansen, Patty: Kindle Store
Purchase Think/Pro at Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Think-like-Pro-Advent-Writers/dp/1983248266/
The Think/Pro planner for writers can be purchased here: https://www.amazon.com/Think-Pro-Planner-M-Lee/dp/1983248673/
Dwight V. Swain’s Techniques of the Selling Writer https://www.amazon.com/Techniques-Selling-Writer-Dwight-Swain/dp/0806111917/
Anne Morrow Lindbergh Gifts from the Sea https://www.amazon.com/Gift-50th-Anniversary-Anne-Morrow-Lindbergh/dp/0679732411/
Marie Kondo The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up https://www.amazon.com/Life-Changing-Magic-Tidying-Decluttering-Organizing/dp/B00RC3ZGN4/